Your subscribers have to be able to modify what data they share with you. According to GDPR you only have to share this data with them if they ask for it and change it if they tell you to do so. But it is a difficult and slow process that’s not enough for your subscribers – they want transparency and trustworthy companies.
Therefore, we are introducing Data Update Page.
What is a Data Update Page and why is it good?
Data Update Page is a web page where your subscribers can edit the information they shared with you. They can reach their page by clicking a specific link in your emails’ footers.
It looks like this for your subscribers:
How to setup your Data Update Page?
Firstly, share the custom fields you want to be shown on the Update page.
- Go to Settings/Custom Fields
- Now you see the list of custom fields you use currently. Click the down arrow next to a custom field (right to the “EDIT”) which you want to be shown on your Data Update Page for your subscribers.
- Now choose “SHOW ON UPDATE PAGE” option
- After you click on it, you will see a blue eye icon appear on the custom field you chose. It means that custom field is published on your Update Page.
Secondly, add the Update Page to your emails.
- Create a new or an existing email (drag and drop email), got to the builder and click on the footer block
- Now click the Unsubscribe option on the right side bar
- Scroll down and you will see the “Data Update Page text” tittle. You can customize the anchor text in the box below. When you modify it you will see that the anchor text of the URL is changing in the footer on the left.
How to preview your Data Update Page?
Just send a preview email and click the link in them email that lands in your inbox. You will see dummy data on the website as it is a preview of the Data Update Page.