In case your have multiple newsletters or you send emails in different topics, you can let your subscribers what type of email communication they are expecting from you.
This is the Preference Page.
What is a Preference Page and why is it good?
One picture tells more than thousands of words – so this is how a preference page looks like in Automizy:
Basically, the Preference Page is a website where your subscribers can customize the emailing experience they get from you.
For example a subscriber doesn’t want to get your Promotions but still interested in your blog articles, therefore:
- she clicks the “Manage Preferences” link in one of your emails’ footer instead of unsubscribing completely,
- arrives to the website you saw above,
- unchecks the “Promotion” option
- and updates her email preferences by clicking the button.
Viola! You don’t lose a subscriber completely – she just tells you what she wants to receive from you and it happens automatically!
How to customize the anchor text for the Preference Page in your emails?
- Create or edit a campaign made by drag&drop email builder.
- In the email editor click on the footer block (the last section of your email)
- In the slider bar on the right choose the “Unsubscribe” tab
- Scroll down and you will see a “Preference Page text” block below the “Unsubscribe” block
- Customize the anchor text that is by default “Manage preferences“
In an email it looks like this:
How to add categories to your Preference Page?
Preferences are basically your lists you add to your Preference Page. Here’s how to show a list on your Preference page:
- Go to Contact menu, to the lists page
- Click on the split button
- Pick the “SHOW ON PREF. PAGE” button and you will see a blue eye icon appear on the list, next to the number of contactsYou can add as many lists to be visible on your website as you want. You can hide them following the same process.